Sports podiatry, a branch of podiatric medicine, involves expertise in diagnosis of foot and lower limb problems related to sport. It is extremely important to accurately diagnose the patients complaint before developing a treatment plan.
Our highly qualified podiatrist Mr. Alwin Liew is a passionate sports podiatrist in Perth. Alwin works with his patients to develop an effective and highly structured personalised rehabilitation plan. The rehabilitation focuses on getting the patient back to full health and being able to perform at their best again as soon as possible. With a deep passion for sports podiatry, Alwin understands the demands of training on the body, and the burning desire athletes have to return to their chosen sport as soon as possible.
Passionate About Sports Podiatry in Perth
We specialise in caring for runners, triathletes, cyclists and athletes of all abilities using treatments such as:
- Joint mobilisation.
- Advanced biomechanical assessments.
- Injection therapy such as corticosteroids.
- Soft-tissue manipulation and trigger point therapy.
- Advanced orthotic therapy.
- Rehabilitation and exercise.
- Strength and conditioning of the lower extremities.
- Footwear prescription for professional, elite, amateur and young athletes, as well as those who have sustained injuries in day-to-day life.
Sports podiatry covers the following two areas:
- Foot and lower limb overuse injuries.
- Mechanical performance enhancement to minimise injury and to maximise efficiency.
Contact Procare Podiatric Medicine and Surgery today to make an appointment to see your local Perth sports podiatry expert — Mr. Alwin Liew.